Fostering Insurance Relationship With Strength, Stability, And Expertise
Get FREE Insurance Quote
Call Us: 1-877-700-NEWS(6397)
The worries that follow a motorcycle accident can be tough to endure for bike riders and those that love them. Unfortunately, that stress often comes with some heavy bills. It’s important that motorcyclists take great care each time they step on their bike not only for their own life, but also to protect damage to their motorcycle.
The fact remains, not all motorcyclists exercise caution while enjoying their hobby and when they are conscientious about safety, even the most careful riders are subject to other drivers on the road. These two reasons alone make motorcycle insurance a must-have to protect riders and their bikes.
5 Factors for Peace of Mind
Getting the right coverage protects the rider and the motorcycle by covering the following:
1. Medical bills for injuries to the rider – This will cover medical bills for the rider if they are injured while riding. This can include accidents that do not involve other vehicles as well as multi-vehicle collisions.
2. Property damage to the bike – This not only covers accident coverage for the bike, but also theft and vandalism. Much like a vehicle, this covers everything from surface damage like dents to major accident damage.
3. Bodily injury to others injured – This is an important part of liability insurance to cover injuries caused to others. When a motorcycle is in an accident, it is generally the most damaged vehicle involved and may not cause much damage to persons, but if a motorcyclist were to strike a pedestrian in an accident, there could be massive liability charges.
4. Collision coverage – Protects the rider if they cause an accident that causes damage to any other vehicles or property.
5. Comprehensive or total loss coverage – Provides the rider with full protection and/or replacement in the event that the bike is totaled. If you own a classic or custom bike, you will want to secure a specialized policy that provides a stated value.
More at Risk than Meets the Eye
But accidents aren’t the only dangers that exist. There are many other risks that affect bike riders such as vandalism, an attempt of theft, or flooding, etc. With so much at stake, having a policy in place becomes necessary to ensure safe ownership and riding.
Riders should never take to the road recklessly or under the influence. Insurance is a protection, but your life and the life of others is the most important thing to consider.
Staying on the Right Side of the Law
Most states require coverage in order to operate a motorcycle regardless of whether you have a classic bike, a scooter, or any other motorized two-wheeler. Certain vehicles require specialized policies such as ATVs but they are essentially motorcycle policies that have been adapted to fit certain high-risk uses.
A typical motorcycle policy has both liability and property coverage. Due to the higher likelihood of theft, premiums are usually higher for bikes than for autos; however, each situation is unique and our qualified agents can help guide you through the process of choosing the coverage that best fits your situation and desired coverage.
Why News Insurance?
# 1 Customer Service
We are by your side every step of the way.
Best Pricing Available
We will shop until we find you the best deal possible.
One Stop Shop
No need to go anywhere else for insurance. We offer personal and commercial insurance.